Friday, March 16, 2012

Baby Kayleigh

I have to apologise for not writing anything for a while - but I have an excuse, Kayleigh just had a new baby brother - it was an exciting day, but also a sad day as little Kayl will never know his big sister. This has had me reflecting on what sort of baby Kayleigh was.

Kayleigh, on the whole, was quite a good baby, she suffered a little from colic, but nothing that kept us awake at night. as my first baby, and since I was only 19 at the time, were were pretty relaxed on the whole baby thing, and this made for a relaxed baby. Kayleigh had a room to herself (for the only time in her whole life). She started sleeping through the night at 12 weeks old on the dot. She had a big brown Kmart xmas teddy that played christmas carols and I used to sing her to sleep in her cot with them playing.

When she had her 6 month immunisation, they still did the polio immunisation as three drops in the mouth. I'm told they tasted horrible, which is probably why Kayleigh screwed up her face and spit it straight into the nurses eyes and mouth - quite funny at the time, but it meant she had to have more.

I can't help but compare Kayleigh to Kayl - I think we all compare our children in some way, but since Kayleigh is no longer here, it seems we may be doing it a little more than we previously did, just because we miss her so much. Having Kayl has brought a lot of memories to the surface.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Kayl would of loved Kayleigh with all his heart and probably will even though he will never meet her. He will grow up knowing Kayleigh in a way because he has beautiful parents and siblings to talk to about her

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.