Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's day

As I am celebrating Mother's day for the second time without Kayleigh, but for the first time with her new brother Kayl, it is hard not to feel slightly guilty for the sense of contentment I have at the moment. Although I miss Kayleigh alot, having Kayl has somewhat filled the hole left in my soul that losing Kayleigh created. Little Kayl cna never replace Kayleigh (of course) but it has started a new chapter in my life. The last almost two years I have felt a little lost and Kayl is making look forward to the future again. I still cry on occasion, missing my special girl, and there are moments in the days where I still feel her passing as if it was yesterday.

Mother's day - Kayleigh was my first baby, and so my first mother's day was because of her. She was only 5 months old at the time and I was given . . . . .  .a food processor!!!!!! I actually wanted that machine, it was a Kenwood and it lasted me years and years. at the time is was a practical present as Kayleigh had just started on solids so I used to it make all of her baby food, from apples and pears to mulching up whatever Terence and I had for dinner (how many pork chops and veges were ground up in that thing I'll never know). As Kayleigh grew up, she wanted to make Mother's Day special. She always made a card and presented it to me with a cup of tea first thing in the morning, along with a huge hug and snuggle on the bed.

The very last mother's day I had with her we spent 2 hours at the Coffee Club in Tuggeranong just waiting for some pancakes (which were cold by the time we got them). Kayleigh spent alot of that time attempting to get the other kids to behave - they were getting restless, and playing on the car ride on thing that they had there. She was wearing her 'Stig' shirt and she was talking about her friends and the work she was doing in her wood work and sewing class. It's days like these that I miss her more than usual as it reminds me of the things she did to try and get a smile from me and make me happy.
Mother's Day 2010

1 comment:

  1. She was such a beautiful girl, looking after her siblings and making your day special:)
    -Jess<3

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.