Wednesday, December 14, 2011

On your birthday

On this day, 15 years ago, I was in labour, and finally saw you for the first time at 23:23 (11:23 pm). The first thing you did was sneeze. Today, looking back on your life I remember the little thing we did together and the little thing you did by yourself that made you the person that you were.
I remember laying down next to you when you were little and over tired, hugging you and singing to you until you finally stop struggling and eventually went to sleep.
I remember sitting with you reading a book and you being more interested in what your dad was doing than the pictures on the page.
I remember you playing with your dad's tools and playing golf in the backyard.
I remember you grinning at me when you had done the wrong thing.
I remember you trying to tell a lie, me looking straight at you and you breaking out laughing and admitting the truth.
I remember talking to you every night as you went to bed about the people you spoke to at school and what your friends talked about.
I remember fighting with you and you trying to see if you were physically stronger than me (you never were) , and trying to find the boundaries and I remember holding you down on your bed, hugging you until you calmed down.
Most of all I remember you smiles, your laugh and the love you gave. I remember the hugs you gave me every afternoon when I got home from work. And I remember you saying 'I Love you' and I listen to you say it each week on the message you left on my phone.

1 comment:

  1. such Beautiful memories!!! <3
    xx Alexandra (A.A)xx

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.