Sunday, April 3, 2011

Jurassic Fart

Jurassic Fart was Kayleighs and the other kids name for their Grandpa (my Dad). Kayleigh had discussed this with Natassja and Terry, and since Grandpa was sooooooo old - he must have been alive when the dinosaurs were alive. They then decided that he must have killed the dinosaurs, and further discussion led to Kayleigh deciding that Grandpa farted and the smell of it killed off the dinosaurs - thus Jurassic Fart.

Grandpa took this name somewhat unwillingly (so it seemed to me) but always answered it when Kayleigh called him that. The time the Grandpa took Kayleigh ,Natassja and Terry on the Canberra Times fun run, I remember Kayleigh especially teasing him about killing off the dinosaurs and the method of it, and then saying he must have also killed off the plants and the big bugs. The 'fart' that killed the dinosaurs must have been that strong that it caused tectonic issues and caused volcanoes to erupt. Grandpa eventually got a little miffed at the teasing and told them to stop, but they kept going until I told them that they were annoying Grandpa too much.

At home Kayleigh always referred to my dad as Jurassic Fart and not as Grandpa - except when he was here. Around her birthday it would be 'When is Jurassic Fart going to get here?' and 'I wonder what Jurassic Fart got me this year?' She did love him as a granddaughter and the nickname was a sign of affection, which also gave her alot of amusement.

1 comment:

  1. Thats what i call my grandfather too:0
    I miss her, so much:(

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.