Friday, January 28, 2011

Making Tea

One thing Kayleigh loved to do was make her Dad a cup of tea. She had been doing it since she was old enough to be able to pour the hot water safely - about 9/10 years old. To help her improve her tea making, she asked Terence (and me when she made me one) to give her a rank out of ten for the tea - considering strength, temperature, milk and sugar. Kayleigh always had a beam on her face when she got the rare 10 out of 10, and if she got a score of less than 6 she would take the cup back and try again - she also drank the other tea, sometimes I think she made the cup of tea the way she wanted it so she could have it, and then make her Dads cup of tea the way her liked it. Kayleigh and her dad also make up a little 'jingle' to say when a cup of tea was required . . . .'Tell me you love me and make me a cup of tea'.

When visitors came over she started asking them to rate their tea and she would a confused look from them. I guess most people don't vocalise what they think of the drink someone serves them. Kayleigh however was always so nice about it and most people were happy to rank her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.