Friday, June 17, 2011

The balloon release

The balloon release last weekend went really well. In all there was probably 50 balloons, mainly blue, including some balloons for Sam (orange balloons), Brandon (green balloons), Benjamin and Molly (other children who have passed away too soon). I don't know how many people turned up but there was quite few, many of Kayleigh's friends.
I gave a speech and almost cried (which I didn't think I would) and then I played Kayleigh's favourite song 'My heart will go on' on my flute. We then let the balloons go. They were visible for such a long time and it made me feel sad allover again.

4 comments:

  1. it was a beautiful ceremony and a wonderfull way to remember a beautiful girl xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were unable to make it but sent you some special thoughts and talked about how much we missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a nice idea Judith, thanks for including Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's ok Mel. As Kayleigh was like, I like to be inclusive and my friend Andrew was there who released balloons for his little boy he lost 12 years ago. I thought it was nice for anyone to remember people they had lost as well as Kayleigh cause that would have been what Kayleigh would have wanted.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.