Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hiding the evidence

As I have written about before, Kayleigh liked to sneak chocolate when ever there was some available but sometimes she snuck other food, when there was no chocolate available. She always tried hard to 'hide the evidence' that she had taken something and eaten it, but she wasn't very successful.

Sometimes when I had bought cake mix that came with icing, when I went to make the cake, the icing package was gone, and I went looking and found the left over icing that Kayleigh had made up in a bowl and eaten in her room. Then there was the can of sweetened condensed milk that she tried to eat, couldn't finish because it is too sickly, tried to get Natassja to finish and ended up with me finding them out and both of them feeling rather off for the rest of the day.

Kayleigh also liked to eat frozen peas - she would get a cup of them in summer and sit outside and eat them. And then there was the cans of spaghetti. Kayleigh was already called spaghetti girl at school because she liked to take cans of spaghetti to school and eat them, but she also liked to eat them at home - which wasn't a problem if she asked - but the number of times I walked in the door and Kayleigh quickly shoved something in a cupboard and tried to look innocent - every time there would be an open spaghetti tin with a fork in it. Sometimes she would manage to hide it but then forget about it only to have me or her dad find it later that day and she got in trouble - not for eating it, but for wasting it.

Nothing seems to go missing int he cupboard anymore and I don't find little surprises when I open the cupboard doors, but this just makes me miss Kayleigh more. Although it really annoyed me that she did it, I wish that she was still here to eat things she shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.