Monday, November 15, 2010

My heart will go on

As previously mentioned Kayleigh most favourite song in the whole world was Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On - I listened to it for the first time since Kayleighs funeral today and it was really really hard. I couldn't finish it.

Kayleigh loved that song from the time we got Titanic on special edition DVD a couple of years ago (I think she was in Year 6) so we bought her the Celine Dion CD for her birthday. At that stage I bought Kayleigh a flute from St Vinnies and I taught her the basic fingering and how to read music. The first thing she did was go to her Grandpas house and print the sheet music for "my heart will go on'. I then taught her how to play it.

Once Kayleigh remembered how it went, she then transferred it onto the keyboard, her guitar and then even Kiara's toy crocodile xylophone. Kayleigh memorized the words and loved singing it - and she was terrible!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget Kayleigh playing me that song on the flute. She was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.