Friday, February 4, 2011

Keeping Cool

The hot weather lately has reminded me of all those years of hot stinky nights when Kayleigh was impossible to get to sleep. After all, without the Air Conditioner which we installed 2 years ago, the house was really hot even at midnight. One day Natassja and Kayleigh were over heating while trying to go to sleep and got into a rather heated argument about nothing. I had had enough so I grabbed Kayleigh and dragged her into the shower and hosed her down with straight cold water - Natassja got the same treatment. Kayleigh squealed like a girl and tried to escape the shower but I closed the door and kept going until she calmed down. I then let her out, told her to 'drip dry' and go to bed. I must say that it worked and both the girls went to sleep quite quickly. Kayleigh learnt then that if she was too hot to sleep, she just jumped in the shower and cooled down and then went to bed still wet. Every hot summers night, she would be in the shower cooling down about 9:30 or else she couldn't go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.