Friday, October 8, 2010

The little things

When someone close to you passes away, often it's the little things that make you sad . . . this is a list of the little things Kayleigh did that I miss...
  1. Running outside, arms outstretched, yelling 'Mummy' when I got home from work - to give me a hug
  2. The sound of Kayleigh turning over in bed at night - she always hit the wall with her foot or hand -it's so quiet now.
  3. Waking me up by shaking my hand on Sunday morning to ask if she can cook eggs for her breakfast
  4. Kayleigh standing in her bedroom doorway, watching me on the treadmill, when she was supposed to be asleep. Smiling at me and telling me I was doing good. I till look over today when I am on the treadmill - sometimes it feel like she is still there.
  5. Talking to Kayleigh when she was in bed - telling me about her day, the people she hung out with, and the boys that asked her out.
  6. Kayleigh asking me what she is supposed to do on her assignment cause 'I just don't get it'
  7. Kayleigh making cups of tea made for Terence and I - and then making one for herself.
  8. Her smile
  9. Her laugh
  10. Her tears when she was upset.

3 comments:

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.