Thursday, October 6, 2011

Make up

Anyone that knew Kayleigh also knew that she didn't like to wear make up - maybe she got it from me as I don't wear make up either, but also I think because her dad always told her that she was beautiful enough without it.

However - when she was about 7 or 8, I dabbled in selling AVON and I had a huge sample set of make up including lipstick, nail polish, eye shodow - the works really. Now Kayleigh quite enjoyed it when I would put a little lippy on her, and frankly the more outrageous the make up, the funnier she found it. One day, Kayleigh and Natassja decided that they themselves would try out the make up, and as we all would know, it doesn't work out too well when kids play grown up make ups by themselves.

Kayleigh ended up with bright red lippy all over her face with green eye shadow which was not on her eyes at all. and the worst thing was my very good dark red nail polish - Kayleigh had decided the best thing for that was to be painted in the bath tub - all over it. It took Terence weeks to chip it all out - we couldn't use nail polish remover as it would also take all the enamel off the bath surface. After then I never had any make up in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.