Friday, October 21, 2011

Spirits

Since Kayleigh passed I have always wondered if when someone dies, sometime their spirit might be around, or have attached itself to another person . . . or something. I know Kayleigh believed in ghosts due to some of the weird goings on that have occurred, but something happened just after Kayleigh died that made me question what happens. I am personally not religious and do not believe in heaven or hell.

Two days after Kayleigh died, Kiara was asleep in our bed - she had just been diagnosed with asthma and Terence and I needed to keep an eye on her at all times. Now Kiara was 4 at this stage and her speech was ot very good. Lots of times we where her translator as she was quite difficult to understand. Now this night, it was about 2 am, and Kiara wet the bed (I know - yucky). I immediately jumped out and said - 'Kiara, you wet the bed!'. Kiara was still quite asleep but she said - very clearly and quite articulately 'Ewww! That is like, so gross!!!' My mouth hit the floor. Not only did she not sound like Kiara, but that sentence had never come out of her mouth (and has never since). Kayleigh used to say something similar if Kiara wet the bed as they used to share a double bed. I know I didn't dream it because I was wide awake at that time anyway, watching her breathe. It was just weird. I sometimes think that maybe part of Kayleigh's spirit attached itself to her little sister - after all Kiara was next to her on the bed when she had stopped breathing at home, and Kayleigh and Kiara were very close. Even now, some of Kiara's behaviour is a mirror of what Kayleigh was like - not often - but enough to make you stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.