Thursday, September 30, 2010

Care Bears

I grew up with a Care Bear - which I still have today, so when Care Bears made a re-appearance again, I bought both Kayleigh and Natassja one for their birthdays. Natassja got a purple Share Bear, and Kayleigh got the green Good Luck Bear (green was her favourite colour back then). I think it was Kayleigh's 8th birthday.

Kayleigh and Natassja played Care Bears games with their care bears and my Secret Bear, until poor good luck bear ran into some bad luck by a dog named Jade. Jade was Nanny's dog that we were looking after. Kayleigh had been playing outside with her care bear when we had to go out. We told Kayleigh and her siblings to go to the car through the back gate as we had already locked the house up. Kayleigh still had her Good Luck Bear with her and she asked her older half-brother what to do. He told her to leave it in the backyard and just go. BIG mistake.

We got home 2 hours later and Kayleigh went straight to the backyard to get her Care Bear. All I heard was the scream. The poor Good Luck Bear had been beheaded, de-legged and only had one arm left. The stuffing was strewn from one corner of the backyard to another. Jade still had a piece in her mouth. Kayleigh picked up all the bits and put them in the bin while crying. She was so upset for weeks after. I promised her that I would get her a new Care Bear, which I did, but I could never find another Good Luck Bear - only Cheer Bear or Friend Bear or one of the others.

Good Luck Bear


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.