Sunday, September 26, 2010

Darts

We got a dart board towards the end of last year and Kayleigh loved it. She was really good at darts as she had good hand eye co-ordination. Kayleigh said she won a prize at the market day at school in year 7 by throwing darts at balloons(?) (not sure).

For her birthday last year the one thing she wanted more than anything else was a set of her own darts, which we got her. Her nanny and grand-dad weren't happy about this as darts aren't ''girls'' things, but hey failed to understand that Kayleigh wasn't a girly girl at all and that she had requested the darts and chosen them - even the new tail fins.

Every time we had a BBQ, she would be out there throwing the darts. She played against me, her dad and her uncle Alan when he was here. She was really good and she beat me all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Kayleigh on the day the won darts at school, she had helped me and a friend set up our classes stall (the balloon darts) this was the only time I had spoken to Kayleigh but she seemed a very kind girl who liked to help others, for the rest of the day she stayed around the stall encouraging others to have a go and having a chat with myself and a few others at the stall
    When I found out the news about Kayleigh I was shocked, shocked that someone so young could be taken away from the people she loved.
    I'll never forget the sweet kind girl I met that day.
    Rest In Peace Kayleigh

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.