Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Helping Dad with the carport

Kayleigh loved helping her dad do all sorts of things, but the last thing she helped him with was building the carport.

The weekend before Kayleigh passed away, Terence and I started putting up the carport - it was wet, windy and very cold - I think was got over 30mm of rain that weekend. Kayleigh came out every now and again with cups of tea for her dad and to talk. We kept telling her to go inside, stay warm, watch TV or something and look after Kiara.

Kayleigh took the Tuesday of that coming week off because her asthma was playing up, she was getting the flu. That day she helped her dad put the roofing on the carport and sitting on the roof passing him the screws. I remember coming home at lunch time and seeing her sitting on the roof next to the aerial mast. Her face lit up when she saw me pull up. She got down off the roof and ran out the front calling 'Mummy!!" and gave me one of her big hugs.

Everytime I pull up in my driveway in the middle of the day, all I can see is her sitting on the roof smiling.

1 comment:

  1. I see her smiling everyday when I look at Natassja...

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.