Friday, September 24, 2010

Leluu

I called Kayleigh b y the nickname Leluu for quite a long time. I originally heard it in the movie 'The Fifth Element' and I realised that it was made up of the last part of Kayleighs first name and first part of her second name Lucille  - 'Leigh - Lu'.

She hated it.

That is until she won a competition in Year 7 at school - the person who gets the most 'points' for sporting activities during a set period. Of course this was one the Kayleigh was determined to win. Her prize - a gift pack from Rebel Sport in Tuggeranong which including a drink bottle, socks and a towel. The interesting thing was the pink towel which was made by a company that does womens yoga wear (I'd never heard of it previously) with the company name 'Leluu'. Kayleigh realised it, made the connection and after that - she called herself Leluu.

We did promise to buy her a Leluu shirt for her birthday this year, but never got the chance. Both Natassja and myself have bought one (or more) which we wear in memory of our Leluu.

http://www.leluu.com.au/ available at Rebel Sport

 

9 comments:

  1. i got that gift pack also still have some of it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a lovely thing to do. I don't know if I should say this or not, but I call my Kayleigh Lou Lou because her middle name is Louise.

    Your blog is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I always think of the 5th Element when I hear you call her Leluu! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that next time at Rebel Sport in Tuggeranong I shall have to have a look at this shirt and buy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayleigh was one of my friends and i am so sad that she died. I found out she died when i was at woolworths, 1 of my friends send me a text saying that she died. I thought it was just a stupid joke but then i got another text saying the same thing. I nearly bursted out into tears, I tried to make them go away but i was too upset. I started cry and then my big siter asked what was wrong i could barley say that Kayleigh died. I got home and cried so much more. School that week was so sad. Me and one of my friends cried every second. We kept saying it wasn't fair and she should be here. I have never cried so much in my life. I really miss her. I hope she rests in peace. You guys did a wonderful job of raising her she was so nice and kind and one of my friends i will never forget the pain i felt and most of all i will never forget her. Leluu

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. its so Nice and sweet

    Peta C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 15th Birthday Kayleigh. We all miss you so much , wishing you were still here. Rest In Peace <3 xoxo.

    Danielle and Kaylah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Kayleigh
    You would have been 19 today, everyone misses u
    R.I.P big sis

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.