Monday, September 27, 2010

Telling off Mr Haidon

Kayleigh had Mr Haidon as her year co-ordinator and her year 7 English and SoSE teacher. Kayleigh thought Mr Haidon was a pretty good teacher and she would give him a good telling off when he was wrong about something and she just had to prove it.

The first time was after we bought an LED TV. Kayleigh told Mr Haidon all about it and he told her she must of meant an LCD TV as there was no such thing as an LED TV. Kayleigh came home and declared that Mr Haidon obviously knew nothing at all. Kayleigh found the sticker that came on the TV and took it to school the next day and showed him. Not to be proven wrong, on her SoSE excursion to the Hyperdome the next week, she dragged Mr Haidon into The Good Guys and showed him the TV e bought. He had to tell her that she was right.

Kayleigh then was doing an assignment on  technological invention and she choose Blu-Ray. Mr Haidon made the mistake of calling it Blu-Ray DVD. Kayleigh came home and stated that Mr Haidon was obviously not capable of teaching his subject as he did not know what the new technology was called (it's called Blu-Ray Disc for those that don't know) and although it looks like a DVD, the technology used to play the Blu-Ray is very different. She did her assignment (a poster) and I believe it is still hanging up in her SoSE class today.

2 comments:

  1. I have a deep sense of pride in my students when they tell me i'm wrong and outline the reasons why. And Kayleigh LOVED being right. Thanks to her i have learnt many things - LED TV's and Blu Ray Discs included. I'll miss being told off by Kayleigh :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same with Mr Hedley ( he taught Sose back in the day when i was there ), I think kayleigh would have loved my science teacher too, I had a great deal of fun proving her wrong, but all it succeeded in doing was getting me kicked out of class every day! Kayleigh could have taught me alot about technology, Im so far behind the times!

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.