Thursday, September 30, 2010

Memory: Kayleigh Bartlett

This post was written by Kayleigh Bartlett, Kayleigh's older namesake who was friends with her at Calwell high. Kayleigh spoke often of 'the other Kayleigh' and was so happy that they were friends.
__________________________________________________________

When I was in year 9 I still thought I was the only Kayleigh in the school until someone told me a girl named Kayleigh Stamp is now at our school I was so excited to meet this new Kayleigh I've been hearing about. After a week or so I was still hoping to see her until one of my friends introduced me to her. Me and Kayleigh would talk for ages I gave her the nickname of Mini Me as she was exactly like me in many ways:
  • south east Londoner
  • Interested in Sport
  • Blonde Hair
  • Same Interests
  • ETC (There's too many to explain) 
We talked for ages and we got to know each other so much, we past each other in hall ways and we talked occasionally I was late to class but it was worth every minute spending with her. When I was down she looked after me and told me everything will be okay and I said the same thing to her when she was down.
When I heard she past away I couldn't get my head around things for weeks because it was a shock, when they talked about it on the Monday at school I was away I had an x-ray and so many people called me asking me if I was alive I turned up to school and so many people were relieved, they knew my last name was Bartlett but somewhere like thinking of me as  I've been there longer, when I heard I cried for hours and I couldn't believe it Mini Me has past away and my mummy hugged me and said everything will be okay, I'm sad I never came to the funeral but I was at work and I was at a funeral a week before hand and I didn't think I could handle going. 
I miss mini me each and every day and I have her bracelet (which I received for my birthday) which reminds me of her and how she was full of energy. I Love you Mini Me forever and always I will miss you 

When I have no one to turn to
And I am feeling kind of low,
When there is no one to talk to
And no where I want to go,
I search deep within myself
It is the love inside my heart
That lets me know my Angel Kayleigh is there
Even though we are miles apart, You help me through whatever.

3 comments:

  1. that was so nice of you, it gave me a tear in my eye and im feeling sad now :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. it took so long to write and i miss her so much

    ReplyDelete

Love comments, write below. And yes you don't have to be logged in to comment.